Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras are in operation within our premises. The law states that we can use a CCTV system to monitor our premises, providing our system complies with the Data Protection Act 2018.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018) and according to the Which? Web Trader Code of Practice.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law and the Which? Web Trader Code.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
– contact information including email address
– demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
– other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping.
– We may use the information to improve our products and services.
– We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data Protection Act 2018
We use Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras to monitor the dental practice. The law states that we can use a CCTV system to monitor our premises, providing our system complies with the Data Protection Act 2018.
The purpose of this policy is to manage and regulate the use of the CCTV system at the practice and ensure that:
• We comply with the Data Protection Act 2018.
• The images that are captured are useable for the purposes we require them for.
• We reassure those persons whose images are being captured, that the images are being handled in accordance with data protection legislation.
This policy covers the use of CCTV and other systems which capture moving and still images of people who could be identified, as well as information relating to individuals for any of the following purposes:
• Observing what an individual is doing.
• Taking action to prevent a crime
• Using images of individuals that could affect their privacy